As we begin construction and look towards a late 2020 opening, we are looking for a qualified and energetic leader to take over as Executive Director. Here are the details…
The United Theatre – Westerly, Rhode Island
The United Theater is currently seeking an Executive Director to join our growing organization. This position is based in Westerly, Rhode Island.
About The United Theatre
The United is a regional center for the arts and arts education showcasing world-class performing, visual and creative arts. Their vision is to unite the community as a hub for arts in the region and a home for local, national and international artists to showcase their work. They believe in blurring the lines between artist and audience by immersing the community in the appreciation and contextualization of art in its many forms, including film, music, theatre, opera, dance, visual arts, lectures and more.
This position will report to the Center’s Board of Directors and have overall strategic, fiscal and operational responsibility for this non-profit organization. Additionally, this role will be responsible for The United’s programs, expansion and execution of its mission and vision.
Leadership & Management
- Responsible for the direction and leadership of the Organization’s mission, goals and vision for serving the community.
- Development of an Operational budget, program direction, negotiation of leases and contracts.
- Overseeing all performing arts and administrative operations including season planning, artist engagement, venue bookings, and a wide array of constituent relationships.
- Substantial outreach, building strong community relationships resulting in mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Responsible for the Organization’s marketing and public relations.
- Recruitment, development, and management of both full-time and part-time employees.
- Facility management, ensuring the facility is up to code and functioning properly even during renovation.
- Represent the organization as a confident ambassador the United’s mission, and as a leader in the Westerly community.
- Fundraising & Communication
- Grant writing in order to secure State, Federal, and Private funding.
- Annual fund, Endowment and Capital Campaign Fundraising.
- Guide strategic planning to approach all aspects of fundraising.
- A strategic thinker who understands a vision of success and can translate it into a tactile plan which is in concert with both venue and civic goals.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and executed strategies that resulted in organizational and financial growth.
- Quantifiable fundraising success with major gifts/grants/corporate sponsorships preferred.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Prior experience managing finances and operational budgets.
- Strong sales, public speaking, networking and negotiating skills; ability to connect with many different audiences and community partners.
- Passion for the arts, and a strong connection to The United’s mission.
- Prior non-profit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite along with fund raising and data base software.
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills you possess? If so, we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
APPLY NOW ON LINKEDIN: https://bit.ly/2I9Jqdi
OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V